- Vibhor Agrawal
- 4 Hours 45 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Aug 18, 2017
FUNCTIONAL GAIT BIOMECHANICS
- Current gait terminology
- Open-chain vs. closed-chain muscle function
- Four foot rockers
- Ankle joint and muscle function during gait
- Gravitational and ground reaction forces at the foot, ankle, and knee
AFO USE IN VARIOUS PATHOLOGIES
Review of the most current scientific literature of the following pathologies:
- Sensory perception loss
- Cerebral palsy
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease
- Other neuromuscular conditions
- Review of the existing outcome measures
- 10 meter walk test
- Functional Independence Measure
- Scandinavian Stroke Scale
- Minimal detectable change with AFO
- Minimal clinically important difference in these measures
ABCs OF AFOs
- Review of the different types of AFOs
- Solid-ankle AFOs
- Articulated AFOs
- Biomechanical influences of AFOs on a patient’s gait
- The impact of AFOs on joint and muscle function
- Indications and contraindications of each type of AFO
- Differentiating between over-the-shelf and customfabricated AFOs
AFO CASE STUDIES
- Selecting the appropriate AFO
- Patient evaluation
- Taking appropriate measurements
- Ensuring a good fit
- Do’s and Don’ts of AFO fitting
- Signs and Symptoms of incorrect fit
- Providing instructions at delivery
- When to refer the patient to a specialist
- Biomechanical evaluation at subsequent visits
- Knowing when to change the AFO treatment plan
BILLING AND DOCUMENTATION
- CPT codes for billing for time and expertise
- L-codes for reimbursement for the AFO
- Documentation requirements
- Maximizing revenue with AFOs
VIBHOR AGRAWAL, PhD, is a professor of Physical Therapy at the University of Miami, where he teaches courses on gait and biomechanics. He has an extensive research background in gait and movement biomechanics, with more than 50 published papers and abstracts in national and international peer-reviewed journals. He regularly presents at conferences and reviews for leading rehabilitation journals. He is an associate editor for the journal Prosthetics Orthotics International, an executive member of the International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics and on the Board of Directors for the Orthotics & Prosthetics Activities Foundation.
As an entrepreneur, and founder of Enability LLC, Dr. Agrawal has dedicated himself to enabling individuals with disabilities through knowledge, service, and research. He also provides consulting services to corporate organizations in the design and development of assistive devices, clinical research, and education.
Financial: Vibhor Agrawal is a professor at the University of Miami. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Vibhor Agrawal is on the Board of Directors for the Orthotics & Prosthetics Activities Foundation.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.com.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!