- Sherrie All
- 6 Hours 13 Minutes
- Mar 20, 2020
Manifestations and Prognosis for Each Type of Dementia
- Cognitive decline vs. normal aging
- Mild Neuro-Cognitive Disorder
- Manifestations and prognosis for:
- Vascular Dementia
- Lewy Body Dementia
- Frontotemporal Dementia
- Stages of dementia
- Psuedo-dementias and reversible conditions
Cognitive Assessment Tools and Advances in Early-Detection
- MOCA and SLUMS
- Step-by-step utilization
- What they tell you and what they don’t
- Brain imaging
- Research on biomarkers
- Genetic risk profiling
- When to refer for a formal neuropsychological assessment
Behavioral Interventions Toolbox: Causes and Solutions to Challenging Behaviors
- Identifying triggers for challenging behaviors
- Assess for pain in dementia patients
- What do for sundowning?
- Techniques to minimize combativeness and aggressive behaviors
- Strategies to redirect wandering
- Paranoia – causes and management
- Effective responses to hallucinations and delusions
- Strategies to reduce repetitive behaviors
- How to improve personal care and activities of daily living
Communication Strategies to Improve Care
- Successful non-verbal communication – find meaning behind gestures
- Best practices to avoid arguments
- Questions to ask, and how to ask them
- Innovative communication tools
Psychopharmacology and Nutrition: The Latest Medications and Preventative Treatments
- Approved medications for behavioral and cognitive symptoms
- Nutritive interventions for Alzheimer’s prevention
- Disease modifying medication
Ethical Issues Related to Dementia
- End of life issues
- Reporting abuse (physical, sexual, financial)
- Multicultural considerations
Chicago Center for Cognitive Wellness
Sherrie All, Ph.D., is a licensed clinical neuropsychologist who has specialized in treating people with dementia, Parkinson’s disease, TBI, MS, and other neurological disorders for over a decade. Dr. All is the founder and director of the Chicago Center for Cognitive Wellness, a private neuropsychology practice specializing in cognitive rehabilitation and brain health. The evidence-based cognitive rehabilitation interventions she uses have helped hundreds of adults experiencing cognitive declines improve their thinking skills, expand their functional independence, and enhance their brain health.
Dr. All has worked as a consultant to the Mather LifeWays Institute on Aging, helping to develop and evaluate a holistic brain fitness program, and her work with individuals on ways to lower their personal risk for dementia has earned the attention of media outlets including The New Yorker and Crain’s Chicago Business. Dr. All earned her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science and is a member of the American Psychological Associations.
Financial: Sherrie All is the owner of the Chicago Center for Cognitive Wellness. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Sherrie All has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.com.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!