- Sheila Clark
- 5 Hours 35 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Nov 09, 2017
NEUROANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY OF RESPIRATION
- Definitions and terminology
- Diseases of the respiratory system
TYPES OF VENTILATION
- Goals and differences from natural respiration
- Sutt articles
- Percutaneous vs. surgical
- Types of tracheostomy tubes
- Changes in function due to tracheostomy
- Rehab team approach to treating patients with new tracheostomy
- PT/OT therapeutic exercise to maximize respiratory function
- Functional transfers/gait while intubated
- Changes in subglottic pressure and its effect on PT, OT, and ST treatments
SPEAKING VALVES AND IMPACT ON REHAB OUTCOMES
- Commercial speaking valves
- Speaking valves benefits
- Secretion management
- Assessment and treatment considerations
- Home health
- Speaking valves contraindications and concerns
- Determining use during rehab interventions
- Using speaking valves to progress PT/OT/ST goals
- Donning/doffing valves during PT/OT/ST treatments
PEDIATRIC VS. ADULT CONSIDERATIONS
- Vital signs
- Cuffed vs. cuffless trachs
- Treatment strategies
TEAM APPROACH TO TRACH AND VENT MANAGEMENT
- Global Tracheostomy Collaborative
- Purpose of a team approach
- Members of the tracheostomy team and their roles
- Benefits of rehab professionals as part of the team
- Outcome statistics when team is in place
Sheila Clark, DHEd, MS, CCC-SLP, has been a Speech Language Pathologist for 26 years, working with both pediatric and adult patients in a variety of settings. She earned a doctorate in health education in 2010, and enjoys educating healthcare professionals on the use of a holistic approach to clinical care. She has worked closely with multiple disciplines to become an advanced practitioner in the specialty areas of dysphagia, neurological disorders, critical care, and the management of patients with tracheostomy and mechanical ventilation.
Ms. Clark continues to work as an SLP on a PRN basis in acute care, outpatient, home care, and subacute care settings. She also provides clinical education with Passy-Muir and St. Catherine’s University in Minneapolis with DPT students. Additionally, she has served in leadership positions, including supervisor and rehab therapy director, which has given her a unique perspective on the communication and collaborative needs across disciplines.
Financial: Sheila Clark receives a speaking fee from Passy Muir. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Sheila Clark has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.com.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!