- Shaun Goulbourne
- 10 Hours 20 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Dec 09, 2019
Identify Common Pathologies by System
Discover an Efficient Framework for Consistent, Accurate Medical Screening
- Medical history
- Risk factors
- Interview questions
- Clinical presentation and associated symptoms
- Physical exam findings
- Understanding physician-ordered labs and imaging
Signs and Symptoms of Serious Medical Pathologies
- Red flags
- Yellow flags
- Keys to spotting red and yellow flags early
How to Differentiate Medical Pathologies That Mimic Musculoskeletal Conditions
- Topics include (but aren’t limited to):
- Gallbladder disease
- Liver/kidney disease
- Lung disease
- Gynecological conditions
Confidently Determine When to Treat, Refer, Or Both
- Clear, consistent clinical reasoning – step by step
- What to do when systemic, orthopedic, and neurologic conditions overlap
- Situations that require an urgent medical referral
Case Studies: Put Knowledge to Practice
- Identify the root cause of impairment
- Migraine vs. headache
- Dizziness vs. vertigo
- Meningitis vs herniated disc
- Femur/tibia fracture vs. muscle strain/tendinitis
- Anxiety/panic attack vs cardiovascular/cardiopulmonary disease
- Peripheral vascular disease vs intermittent claudication
- Hip flexor strain vs. abdominal infection
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm vs. umbilical hernia
- Shoulder/cervical muscle strain vs. hepatitis/cholecystitis
- Bring your own cases to discuss! (please redact patient identifiers)
Hart County Physical Therapy
Shaun Goulbourne, DHSc, PT, MTC, OCS, SCS, STC, CSCS, NSCA-PT, Osteopractic Diploma, is an expert in sports rehabilitation with over 20 years of experience guiding athletes to peak performance. His practice includes on- and off-site treatment of athletes, and he has extensive history playing and coaching competitive sports. Formerly an international basketball player, he serves as a coach with the Olympic Development Program for the United States Soccer Federation. In his spare time, he competes in marathons and full ironman events.
Dr. Goulbourne earned his Doctorate in health science with emphasis in orthopedics and sports medicine from the University of St. Augustine, and he holds numerous certifications in manual and sports therapy. He is a Sports Certified Specialist and Orthopedic Certified Specialist through the American Board of Physical Therapy, is an osteopractor through the American Spinal Manipulation Institute, and a Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach and Personal Trainer with the NSCA.
Financial: Shaun Goulbourne has an employment relationship with Intrepid USA. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Shaun Goulbourne is a member of the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.com.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!