- Shari Kim
- 5 Hours 53 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Sep 27, 2019
Human Trafficking: What You Need to Know
- Legal and clinical definition
- Types of trafficking
- Labor trafficking
- Sex trafficking
- Child soldiers
- Organ donation
- Where people are trafficked
- Risk factors for trafficking victimization
The Legal Process
- Federal and local trafficking protections
- Why it’s so difficult to investigate and prosecute trafficking cases
- The unique protection needs of trafficking survivors
- Case examples
Clinical Treatment for Human Trafficking Survivors
- How to identify and what to watch for in-session
- Identify risk in the clinical interview
- Trafficking screening and assessment tools
- How to respond if you suspect trafficking
Overcome Brainwashing and Stockholm Syndrome
- Psychological underpinnings of entry to trafficking
- Why victims stay (and why they return)
- Psychological processes of luring in victims
Treating the Trauma of Trafficking
- Evidence-based treatment for traumatic stress (e.g. Prolonged Exposure, EMDR)
- Strengths-based treatment approaches
- The essential components of traumainformed care
- Treatment matching for different types of trafficking
Post-Traumatic Growth: Transformation from Victim to Survivor
- Help clients find meaning after trauma
- Create a comprehensive, individualized recovery plan
- Case examples: From trauma to recovery
Potential Treatment Obstacles (and What to do About Them)
- Building and maintaining trust with a trafficking victim
- The power of brainwashing
- Risk of returning to trafficking
- Safety Issues
SHARI KIM, PH.D., C.A.A.D.C., C.C.T.P, is the founder and chief executive officer of Susquehanna Valley Community Mental Health Services. Specializing in trauma and addictions, Dr. Kim and her colleagues serve as the first point of contact for mental health services for trafficking survivors in York County, PA.
She serves as the behavioral health workgroup chair for the York County Human Trafficking Task Force and has collaborated with other community leaders to develop a protocol to streamline access to mental health and addiction treatment services for those who have been trafficked.
A 17-year veteran of the mental health field, Dr. Kim also serves as the regional co-lead for disaster mental health services with the American Red Cross in Southcentral PA and has deployed to three large-scale disasters. In addition to her clinical work, she volunteers her time to consult with the York County Treatment Courts, the Healthy York County Coalition Leadership Council, and as a trainer with the Crisis Intervention Training program for first responders in Adams County, PA.
She is working to form a disaster response network within the Pennsylvania Psychological Association (PPA), helping to facilitate a partnership between PPA and the American Red Cross to increase the number of disaster mental health responders in Pennsylvania.
Financial: Shari Kim is CEO of Susquehanna Valley Community Mental Health Services. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-Financial: Shari Kim is a member of the American Psychological Association; and Pennsylvania Psychological Association.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.com.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!