- Shannon Levandowski
- 5 Hours 1 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Oct 16, 2014
Social Policy in Pediatric Practice
- Education policy for children and families
- Policies for children with disabilities
- Health policy for families
- Children’s mental health policy
- Policies for children with substance abuse
- Getting involved with advocacy efforts
- Personal morality
- Societal morality
- Group morality
- Ethics vs. moral
- Ethical distress
- Ethical dilemma
- Absolute/prima facie/conditional
- Patient rights
- Malpractice issues
- Breach of Duty
- Vicarious liability of others’ conduct
- Intentional wrongs
- Intentional tort
- Assault and battery
- Abuse (spouse and elder)
- False imprisonment
- Invasion of privacy
- Unreasonable intrusion
- Sexual misconduct
- Student rights
- Freedom of speech
- Religious expression
- Technology: bullying/sexting
- Right to privacy
- School safety/zero tolerance
Ethical Decision Process
- Get the facts
- Determine nature of problem
- Explore alternatives and perspectives
- Complete the action decided
- Evaluate process and action
Evidence to Support Ethical Practice
- Investigate current practice
- Determine best practice strategies
Application & Practice Guides
Shannon Levandowski, OTD, OTR/L, BCP, SCSS, is a practicing school-based therapist and academic instructor at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Dr. Levandowski is AOTA Board Certified in Pediatrics. She received her doctorate in OT from Boston University in 2009, and holds AOTA Board Specialty Certification in School Systems.
Dr. Levandowski has over 10 years of experience in the school setting with a primary focus on children in early childhood special education settings and transitioning families, from IDEA Part C to Part B. With a graduate certificate from Umass Lowell in Behavioral Interventions in Autism, Dr. Levandowski also serves on a collaborative team to support the needs of students with autism within her special education cooperative.
She is a national presenter on a variety of school-based focused topics, including Common Core goal alignment, team collaboration, program development and management, and many evidenced-based interventions.
Financial: Shannon Levandowski is an academic instructor at the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Shannon Levandowski has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.com.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!