- Robbie Levy
- 5 Hours 38 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Mar 14, 2018
- Overview of Sensory Systems
- Emphasis on tactile, vestibular and proprioceptive
- Visual, auditory, olfactory, gustatory
- Body in space/body awareness
- Modulation – when is it a problem?
- Impact of Sensory on Behavior, Performance and Learning
- Attention, self-regulation, organization, executive function
- Motor output (gross, fine, handwriting)
- Activities of daily living (ADL’s)
- Behavior, social skills and self-esteem
- Effective Intervention Strategies for:
- Use all 7 systems-we are more than just auditory and visual learners
- Modulation-characteristics of hyper and hypo systems
- Concentrate on foundation skills and deep pressure/heavy work
- Sensory Lifestyle/Toolbox – How to use what’s right there
- Sound therapies and music- utilizing what you hear to change behavior and performance
- Environmental modifications
- Interactive Metronome, Brain Gym and more
- Yoga, Pilates, Me Moves-How movement helps
- Breathing, oral-motor-using the ribcage and mouth to regulate
- Meltdowns-prevention and what to do if you can’t
- Transitions- how to help!
- Social stories, visual-cognitive strategies and more
- The 5 different types of play and their role in development
- Use “Theory of Mind” framework to facilitate play and regulation
- Enhancing independent play vs. adult/computer-directed play
- Activities to enhance creative play, ideation and planning abilities
- Activities to prepare for core curriculum goals in K and early elementary
Robbie Levy, MA, OTR/L, founded Dynamic Kids in 1998 and serves as the director/owner. Her practice includes experienced occupational, physical, speech and language therapists who address a variety of sensory, motor, behavioral, social and academic issues in children from birth to adolescence. She has supervised and trained hundreds of therapists and graduate students from a variety of universities and colleges. Dynamic Kids partnered with NYU in graduate research in OT looking at the impact of sensory processing on attention, arousal and organization in preschoolers. Levy has been a presenter at national AOTA and NYSOTA conventions as well as an AOTA proposal reviewer.
Levy is an experienced university educator as well having taught Pediatrics at NYU and an advanced master’s class in Developmental Disabilities. She has many advanced trainings and certifications including SIPT, Therapeutic Listening, NDT, Handwriting without Tears, Wilbarger Protocol, How Does Your Engine Run, Benbow and DIR- Floortime. She is honored to be a recipient of the 2015 award from Westchester Woman of Influence.
Financial: Roberta Levy is the Director/Owner of Dynamic Kids, Inc. She is the author of the Dynamic Kids Ask the Expert blog. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Roberta Levy has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.com.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!