- Rob Winningham
- 6 Hours 2 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Mar 27, 2018
USE IT OR LOSE IT: MAXIMIZING MEMORY ABILITY
- Latest research related to the “Use It or Lose It” theory of memory and aging
- 52 cognitively stimulating activities for older adults
- Cognitive enhancement intervention studies: What works and what doesn’t
MEMORY AND COGNITION
- Why do cognitive abilities change as we get older?
- What cognitive abilities decrease in older adulthood?
- What cognitive abilities are preserved in older adulthood?
- Interactive Lab: Communicating with patients/ residents as well as family members about memory and dementia issues
MEMORY AND THE BRAIN
- Neuropsychology basics
- Paying attention: The importance of the frontal lobes
- Frontal lobe: Traumatic brain injury (TBI) and mild cognitive impairment (MCI)
UNDERSTANDING DEMENTIA AND MEMORY LOSS
- Different types of dementia
- Delirium: The importance of recognizing it and getting treatment
- Symptoms and courses of the different types of dementia
- Pharmacological treatments for dementia: A primer
- Patients with traumatic brain injury
- Patients with mild cognitive impairment
DEVELOPING YOUR OWN COGNITIVE ENHANCEMENT PROGRAMS
- Where, when, and how often
- Screening participants
- Components of an effective cognitive enhancement program
- Designing group-based programs for people of varying abilities
- 20-day curriculum of cognitive enhancement activitie
COGNITIVE REHABILITATION ACTIVITIES
- Password-protected website
- How to use it
- Tools readily printed and implemented
- Activities for improving cognitive abilities
- Introduction to the activities
- Specific cognitive abilities improved by each activity
- Interactive Lab: Practice cognitive rehabilitation activities in small groups
MOTIVATING DEPRESSED, APATHETIC, AND ANXIOUS CLIENTS
- How to motivate people to get the most out of therapy and activities
ROB WINNINGHAM, PhD, has over 20 years of experience working on applied memory issues and has developed novel approaches to maximize the efficacy of physical, occupational, and speech therapy. He is a popular continuing education presenter and strives to provide information and resources that can be used immediately. He creates brain stimulation activities for thousands of communities and rehabilitation facilities as a part of Dr. Rob’s Cranium Crunches on activityconnection.com. Dr. Winningham is a full Professor and Chair of the Behavioral Sciences Division at Western Oregon University, where he manages the Psychology and Gerontology Departments.
Financial: Robert Winningham is a professor at Western Oregon University. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Robert Winningham has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.com.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!