- Rita Schulte
- 6 Hours 1 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Nov 07, 2019
How to Assess for Suicidal Risk
- Loss and loneliness as drivers of suicidal ideation
- How trauma contributes to suicide
- Tools to assess toxic self-talk
- Collaborative Assessment and Management of Suicidality (CMS)
- What to do when suicide is imminent
Guilt, Shame, Stigma and Suicidality
- How shame and guilt take clients to dark places
- How stigma feeds shame and the cycle of pain
- Resolve inner conflict and pervasive shame with Parts Work
- Meaning making interventions
Crisis Intervention Treatment Techniques: Essential Skills from CBT, DBT and Somatic Approaches
- Suicide risk as a skills deficit problem
- CBT skills to enhance emotional regulation and problem solving
- DBT techniques that directly target suicidal behavior
- Mindfulness and breathing techniques to bring calm
- Grounding exercises to interrupt suicidal impulses
- Containment skills for overwhelming thoughts
Make Suicidal Clients Feel Heard, Seen, and Understood
- Narrative Therapy Strategies, story and metaphor
- Loss timelines to release past negative experiences
- Therapeutic letter writing
- Linking Objects to handle emotional memories
- Let go of adverse life imprints
Suicide and Existential Shattering: Move Clients from “Do I Want to Live?” to “How Do I Want to Live?”
- How belief systems keep clients stuck
- Assumptions after a life shattering event
- Strategies to help clients tolerate uncertainty
- Shattered Vase exercises to restore hope
- Exercises to manage anger, unforgiveness and thoughts of revenge
- Certificate of Debt
- Rock exercise
- Reinvest in a Life Worth Living
Rita A. Schulte, LPC, specializes in the treatment of depression and suicidality, grief and loss issues, anxiety, relationship problems, and eating disorders. Rita’s beloved husband died of suicide in 2013, and she speaks candidly about her loss in the hope of helping others to heal.
The author of Think This Not That: Eliminate Toxic Thinking and Rewire Your Brain (Leafwood) and Shattered: Finding Hope and Healing through the Losses of Life (Leafwood), Rita also writes for numerous publications and blogs. Her articles have appeared in Counseling Today Magazine, Thriving Family, and LifeHack.org.
Rita is also the creator and host of Heartline Radio where she talks with counselors, authors and everyday people looking for advice on moving through the difficulties of life. Rita earned a B.S. degree in psychology and a master’s degree in counseling from Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia.
Financial: Rita Schulte is in private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Rita Schulte is a member of the American Counseling Association; and the National Board of Certified Counselors.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.com.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!