“Finally… Provide Your Clients with The Complete Core Training Solution that Encompasses Performance, Fitness, and Rehabilitation”
The Spinal Health & Core Training seminar evolved out of the horrors we saw in the gym.
On a daily basis we would see people, trainers and coaches doing exercises that were classified as “core exercises” but watching their technique and program design, we could see it was more of a back injury program than a core training program.
Tony, Dean, Jeff and myself got chatting about the crazy stuff we see in the gym when it comes to core training during one of our Muscle imbalances Revealed – Upper Body Edition coaching calls. We started tossing around the idea of doing a seminar on doing core training right.
It took some time to book a weekend that we all could meet and share our perspectives on core training from each of our areas of expertise.
We finally met up in the Great White North (the metropolis of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) and each presented a seminar on core training and spinal health.
Our goal was to was to come at things through our area of expertise: Performance, Training, Rehabilitation and Assessment.
We each looked at answering these questions:
How? – How do we train our clients for maximal core training results while still maintain spinal health and how each of us approach clients based on our specialization.
Why? – Why do we do what what we do when it comes to program design.
When? – When is the right time to do core training, progress exercises, regress exercises, add other modalities, add other training techniques or refer on.
Where? – Where can your clients go in order to get their core training and spinal health results. We look at the areas that we work in: clinic, fitness center, gym or strength centre.
What? – Then finally we get to the exercises. What exercises to do in order to reach you performance, fitness or rehabilitation goals.
Only a few trainers and coaches were able to attend the seminar, live. We did record it so you could get the information that you need to help your clients reach their core training goals while maintaining spinal health.
You can check out what each of us covers in the online seminar, right here:
The Complete Spinal Health & Core Training Seminar
Core Performance for Results and Spinal Health
with Tony Gentilcore
|Tony Gentilcore will perform for you and explain how to improve core performance without doing exercises that suck. Tony’s plan is to take you through an athletic core training screen and assessment that he uses with his athletes.Then it is into the exercises where Tony will show you how to turning basic exercises into core dominant exercises. Next is into the big lifts (deadlifts, squats, etc) and the role of the core in each and how to save the spine while lifting heavy.As Tony is taking you through the exercises he will make sure to add some cool variations to keep your spine healthy and make core training more fun and results-driven.
What Tony covers in his 3 videos (3 hours and 21 minute in length) seminar:
- Introduction to Core Training and Performance (You can see a clip of this above.)
- Back Pain and the Athlete – how big of an issue back pain is for athletes
- Back Pain and the Athlete Table Assessment – What they do a Cressey Performance when it comes to the table assessment that looks at the back
- Back Pain and the Athlete Movement Assessment – When they move their athletes away from the table assessment and get them moving, what are the things that they assess and look at
- Hitting the Big Rocks that Block Athletic Performance –
- Targeting the Glutes for Performance
- Integrating Breathing for Performance
- Core Program Design for Performance
- Practical Breathing and Performance Session
- Shoes, Barefoot Training and Performance
- Squats, Deadlifts and the Core
Exercises for Core and Spinal Fitness
with Dean Somerset
|Dean Somerset promises to hammer your core and add 1000 core training exercises to your tool box of exercises.He will show you training variables and equipment to help you create a broad range of possibilities in core training for everyone from beginners to athletes to rehab-based clients.Don’t wear jeans for this session as you are guarantee to rip them. Be ready to learn, watch, coach and do all the exercises.
What Dean covers in his 3 videos (3 hours and 38 minutes in length):
- Introduction to Training People with Back Injuries
- Functional Anatomy of a Back Injury
- Link Between Back Pain and Latissimus Dorsi
- How Your Core Can Be the Cause of Your Shoulder Injury
- Research, Exercises and the Core
- Fascia and Back Pain & Injuries
- Why Do We Slump All the Time?
- Dean’s School of Core Training
- Assessing Core Function
- Becoming Strong, Stiff and Stable
- Assessment & Exercises in Half Kneeling
- Assessment & Exercises in a Plank Position
- Assessment & Exercises in a Rolling Position
- Unedited Practical Session – Some of the best stuff Dean had to offer was when he was helping trainers and coaches, individually. So we left the camera running and captured this and included it. It is full of great nuggets of information.
- Case Study & Core Training Voodoo – Dean takes one of the trainers through his assessment and gets her to do a few exercises and got amazing immediate results. Training Voodoo at its best.
Assessment & Pre-habiliation of the Core and Spine
with Dr. Jeff Cubos
|Jeff Cubos will share with you common back injuries and training mistakes that often lead to back injuries.He will show you what works best for preventing common back injuries, and prudent methods – including unconventional solutions – to get your clients back to injury-free status. Jeff will provide you with simple screens, demonstrate how to measure the success of your recovery program and concepts a clinician wants trainers & coaches to know and understand before referring them clients.
What Jeff covers in his 3 videos (2 hours and 47 minutes in length):
- Medical Perspective on Core Training
- The Strange History of Core Training
- The Future Thinking of Core Training
- Components of Optimal Core Function
- Breathing to Help Core Function
- Affect of Foam Rolling and Hip Mobilization on Core Function
- Improving Core Function with Self Mobilizing
- Fixing Breathing to Help the Core
- Addressing Stiffness and Endurance in the Core
- Miscellaneous Core Training Factors
Exercise Rehabilitation of the Core and Spine
with Rick Kaselj
|Rick Kaselj will focus on core training considerations for rehab, post rehab and novice clients.Rick will highlight what the research shows about core training and injuries in the upper body, spine and lower body. Rick will take you through a variety of regression and progression exercises to help your rehab, post rehab and novice clients in order to keep them healthy, happy, and moving forward.
What Rick covers in his 2 videos (2 hours and 11 minutes in length):
- Introduction to Spinal and Core Rehabilitation
- 4 Hidden Factors that Affect Back Pain
- What Core Exercises to Start Off with When Back Pain Hits
- Being Barefoot and Injury Recovery
- Progressing Core Exercises for the Rehab Client
- Self Massage and Stretching for Back Pain
- Thoracic Mobility and Back Pain
- Hip Mobility and Back Pain
- Transitional Movements and Core Training
Benefits of Spinal Health & Core Training Seminar:
- Learn new training knowledge, skill and exercises from the comfort of your home
- Instead of going to a seminar, have the seminar go with you and watch it wherever you are on your computer, tablet or phone
- Avoid being “That Trainer.” You know what I mean, “What is that trainer doing with his client?”
Who is Spinal Health & Core Training for?
Trainers and coaches that want learn the “how, when, where and what” when it comes to core training and spinal health. If you are a looking for a stack of crazy random exercises that hammer the core and injure the back, then Spinal Health & Core Training is not for you.
Who is Spinal Health & Core Training NOT for?
If you are looking for a stack of ab or core exercises that just blast the body with no purpose, plan or reason, this is not for you. If this is what you are looking for, please check out Jillian Michael’s Rippped Abs or 6 Week Six-Pack DVDs. She does a great job of blasting the core and promoting back injuries.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.com.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!