- Penny Stack
- 6 Hours 15 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Dec 04, 2020
- Where it originated
- Facts verses myths
- The public health impact
Assessment for Cognitive Function
- Visual and auditory memory
- Phonological awareness and memory
- Visual perceptual skills
- Visual motor skills
- Handwriting skills
- Reading rate, accuracy, fluency, and comprehension
Treatment Strategies for Redeveloping Neuropathways
- Visual perception skills to:
- Keep up with note taking in class
- Remember multi-step instructions
- Remember the order of letters when spelling a word
- Remember how to do homework once at home
- Memory skills/phonological awareness to:
- Remember more than 1 or 2 instructions at a time
- Interpret words as they were intended: cat verses hat
- Spell aloud
- Visual skills to:
- Discriminate different fonts
- Form letters or numbers
- Not write letters or numbers backwards
- Help with mixing up letters/numbers – /d/ from /b/ or /E/ from /3/
- Find their pencil in their desk
- Find matching socks when dressing
- Visual motor skills to:
- Copy notes in time to keep up with the class
- Tie shoes
- Ride a bike
- Become more coordinated
- Handwriting skills to:
- Help with slow, messy writing or letter formation or letter spacing
- Write in cursive
- Reading/comprehension skills to:
- Read at age or grade level
- Pseudoword reading to match word reading level
Practice Treatment Interventions and Case Studies Throughout the Day
Documentation and Billing
- ICD-10 treatment diagnostic codes and CPT billing codes for reimbursement of provided services
Penny Stack, OTD, OTR/L, CLT, is the founding owner of Dyslexia Center of Tulsa, in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Penny has over 26 years of experience as an occupational therapist that include working with children who have special learning needs. Penny is also a mother of a child with dyslexia who has shown great success in overcoming reading difficulties.
Penny is certified in Handwriting Without Tears, received her Master’s in Occupational Therapy at Samuel Merritt College, Oakland, California and her Doctorate degree in Occupational Therapy at Loma Linda University. Her research on closed head injuries and cognitive retraining has been published in Brain Injury Journal. Penny has dedicated her current research to Dyslexia and Its Impact on Occupation: The lived experience.
Financial: Penny Stack is the Tulsa Community College Occupational Therapy Assistant Program Director. Dr. Stack receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Penny Stack is a member of the American Occupational Therapy Association; and Oklahoma Occupational Therapy Association.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.com.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!