- Paris Goodyear-Brown
- 6 Hours 23 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jan 22, 2021
With Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) on the rise globally, effective, engaging, evidence-informed trauma treatment for children and families has never been more urgently needed!
Come watch Paris Goodyear-Brown, LCSW, RPT-S, expert in childhood trauma, as she unpacks her cutting-edge, attachment based, integrative play therapy model: TraumaPlay™. With an engaging, compassionate presence that helps clinicians feel felt through the screen, Paris will dive into the nuts and bolts of treatment.
This components-based model demystifies play-based trauma treatment by outlining the scope and sequence of trauma specific work with children. Components covered will include:
- Using a child’s safety metaphors to create a safe place for trauma processing
- Assessing a client’s current coping strategies and augmenting the adaptive ones
- Soothing the child’s physiology
- Physiology and inviting parents into the process
- Increasing emotional literacy
- Building a coherent trauma narrative to integrate somatosensory information
- Addressing the child’s thought life (dealing with cognitive distortions)
- Making positive meaning of the post-trauma self
Leave this workshop feeling inspired and equipped to up your therapeutic game. Purchase today!
Safety and Boundary Provision in Teleplay with Children
- Constraints to Confidentiality and Possible Power Differentials
- Disclosures including where you are, where they are
- Safe Boss Roles and Limit Setting: Bodies, Boundaries, and Available Help
- Challenges to Clear Communication through the Screen
- When Telehealth may be Contraindicated/Limitations and Potential Risks
- Play Therapy Materials Needed
Key Concepts in Treating Traumatized Children
- Amygdala Alarm/Psychosomatic Symptom
- The Portals for Therapeutic Learning
- Following the Child’s Need
- The Dance Towards and Away from Trauma Content (with Case examples)
- Posttraumatic Play: Stuck and Moving
TraumaPlay™ Key Components with Interventions
- Enhancing Safety and Security
- SafePlace, Sandtrays and Clinical Examples
- Installation with EMDR
- Kinesthetic Engagement and the Competency Surge
- Perpetrator Symbols and Self Objects
- Assessing for and Augmenting Coping
- The Coping Tree
- Cope Cakes
- The Coping Menu
- Somatic Interventions
- Balancing Act
- The Big One
- Yoga Chimes
- Hello Red Fox
- Parents as Partners
- Love Connectors/Love Notes
- SuperHero Combos
- Sooth Strategies
- Increasing Emotional Literacy
- Digital Connect Four Feelings
- Feelings Charades
- Posttraumatic Play
- Trauma Narrative Options
- Parts work through Telehealth
- Addressing the Thought Life
- Making Positive Meaning of the Post-Trauma Self
- Treatment Take-Aways
- Before, During, After
With eleven books on treating traumatized children and their families, Paris Goodyear-Brown, LCSW, RPT-S, EMDRIA certified EMDR therapist, is one of the leading experts on the intersection of childhood trauma and play therapy in the world. In her groundbreaking model, TraumaPlay™, she integrates both directive and non-directive approaches to treatment into an umbrella framework that gives clinicians structure to employ evidence-informed interventions with confidence while encouraging creativity and freedom to follow the child’s need all along the way in treatment. She is the Clinical Director and Senior Clinician of Nurture House, the Executive Director of the TraumaPlay Institute, a TedTalk speaker, an Adjunct Instructor of Psychiatric Mental Health at Vanderbilt University and a sought-after speaker. With recent engagements in Singapore, Ireland, Nepal, Turkey, China, Australia, and South Africa, Paris trains therapists, teachers, and parents of vulnerable children around the globe. She has served as the Executive Director of the Lipscomb Play Therapy and Expressive Arts Center, is a TNAPT board member, she has received the APT award for Play Therapy Promotion and Education and is the author of multiple books, chapters and articles related to child therapy including Trauma and Play Therapy, Play Therapy with Traumatized Children, The Handbook of Child Sexual Abuse, and A Safe Circle for Little U and her soon to be released book Parents as Partners in Play Therapy: A Clinician’s Guide.
Financial: Paris Goodyear-Brown is the executive director at TraumaPlay Institute. She is the clinical director at Nurture House. Ms. Goodyear-Brown is an adjunct faculty at Vanderbilt University. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Paris Goodyear-Brown is a board member of the Tennessee Association for Play Therapy.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.com.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!