- Michelle Green
- 1 Hour 57 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jul 27, 2018
Review the latest research on neuroplasticity and its implications for stroke rehabilitation
- Describe moto control and motor learning theories
- Introduce 5 Stages of Trask Performance
- Correlate deficits in task performance to identified impairments
- Develop framework for treatment progression based on 5 Stages of Task performance
Identify steps for improving task assessment, intervention selection, progressions, and ultimately functional outcomes, using key concepts related to neuroplasticity, motor control, and motor learning
- Define recovery and compensation
- Identify factors that guide our decisions to move toward interventions for recovery versus compensation
- Premorbid ability
- Stroke prognostic factors
- Stage in recovery
- Process where intervention is occurring
- Insurance/LOS limitations
- Provide evidence for recovery over compensation early in the rehab process
- Promote inclusion of compensation and recovery within treatment progression
Michelle Green, PT, DPT, C-NDT, NCS, is an expert in stroke rehabilitation, with over 20 years of experience helping countless patients recover from neurological conditions. Her background in NDT, Pilates, and yoga has influenced her assessment and treatment approach, providing her with enhanced insight into movement assessment and guided movement re-education.
Dr. Green travels nationally to present seminars on stroke rehabilitation, and she is known for her dynamic, hands-on teaching style. She earned her Doctorate in Physical Therapy from University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, and she teaches as an assistant professor in the DPT program at Campbell University. Her additional interests include education and learning, impairment-based treatment across the lifespan, and application of mind-body practices for improving mental and physical health.
Financial: Michelle Green is an assistant professor at Campbell University. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Michelle Green is a member of the American Physical Therapy Association; and the North Carolina Physical Therapy Association.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.com.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!