- Mark Huslig
- 5 Hours 40 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Sep 20, 2019
NAVIGATING LOWER EXTREMITY ARTHOPLASTY AND COMPLEX CARE
KNEE ARTHROPLASTY: WHY NOT ALL TOTAL KNEES ARE SURGICLALY BALANCED
- Manage extensor mechanism complication
- Manage the stiff knee
- Etiology of post-op extension and flexion deficits
- Unicompartmental knee arthroplasty (UKA) outcomes
- Long fixation components for valgus stress knee replacements
- Muscle activation patterns during walking and associations with TKA tibial implant migration
- CPM (Continuous Passive Motion) and implications under bundled payments
- Use of cryoneurolysis in multimodal pain management protocol
- Psychological comorbidity factors associated with non-compliance
- Restriction for return to sport
HIP ARTHROPLASTY: HOW TO AOVID DEFICITS AFTER THA
- Direct anterior approach’s effect on readmissions rates
- Reversible thalamic atrophy
- Avoid hip instability and limb length discrepancy
- Gait asymmetry
- Spinal instrumentation and impact on hip dislocation
- THA patients with fixed spinopelvic alignment from standing to sitting at higher risk
- Lumbar fusion involving the sacrum increases dislocation risk 8-fold
- Effects of piriformis tendon repair failure
- Electormyographic analysis implications
- Effects on gluteus medius and gluteus maximus
- Restriction for return to sport
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BUNDLE PAYMENTS
- Breaking down Bundled Payments for Care Improvement initiative (BPCI) and Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CCJR)
- Breaking down Medicare’s role in value-based reimbursement
- Is your area of the country in the selected Metropolitan Statistical Areas outlined by Medicare?
- How your regional location affects the cost variation in Medicare spending for total joint replacements?
- Impact on post-acute care practice settings
POTENTIAL PAYOFF FROM BUNDLING
- How to case cost analysis in bundled payments
- What’s the relationship of implant cost to total surgical case cost?
- Latest on performance benchmarking
- Why hospital quality scores matter
- How to create orthopedic physician report cards
- What is allowed by Medicare in gain-sharing with hospitals
- Minimize narcotic use with patients
- The latest news in how CMS will pay for post-acute rehab services
- The role of tele-rehab in total joint cases
KEYS TO IMPROVE PATIENT OUTCOMES
- Tools used in risk stratifying patients prior to surgery
- Quality tools and templates
- What outcome reporting does Medicare require
- The American Joint Replacement Registry data to improve outcomes
- How to influence hospitals into collaborating and gain-sharing
- Medicare waivers under the bundled payment programs
- Beneficiary rights
Mark Huslig, PT, MHA, is the administrative director for Mercy Central Region of Therapy Services. Mercy Health system ranks among the top five in Truven Health Analytics and is a medical destination site for total joint arthroplasty.
Mr. Huslig has more than 30 years of experience in the management of occupational, physical, and speech therapy, and is a certified ASTYM provider. He is an expert in Medicare and Medicaid regulations, specifically on issues related to payment reform initiatives. Mr. Huslig has successfully integrated at-risk payment methodologies contracting into rehabilitative services.
He is a member of the American Physical Therapy Association and section member for Health and Policy, Orthopedics and Private Practice, along with serving as adjunct faculty for Missouri State University’s Occupational Therapy Program.
Financial: Mark Huslig is an adjunct faculty member at the Missouri State University. He has an employment relationship with Mercy Hospital. Mr. Huslig receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Mark Huslig has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.com.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!