- Lori Kucharski
- 5 Hours 39 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jul 12, 2019
Prepare Yourself for Every Stage of the Therapy Process
- Intake Strategies for Successful Therapeutic Intervention
- Looking beyond anorexia, bulimia and bingeing
- Conclusive questions for improving your client intake
- Red flags of disordered eating
- Address common issues that may not be in DSM-5®: Orthorexia, compulsive overeating, diabulimia
- Digging for the roots: is the disordered behavior a result of previous trauma?
Implement Comprehensive Clinical Assessments
- How to choose the right assessment for your client
- Specific assessments for the spectrum of disordered eating and trauma
- Additional tools for depression, trauma, or other comorbid conditions
- How and when to use assessments for tracking progress
- Frequency considerations – get what you need without client burnout
- Collaboration within the treatment team
Techniques and Interventions to Transform Your Therapy
- Non-diet paradigm to transform your client’s relationship with food
- Health at Every Size (HAES)
- Intuitive eating
- Respect, love and nurturance for self
- Reframing your approach as the clinician
- Trauma-informed tactics for each stage of counseling
- Trauma Specific Evaluation of Intake Procedure: what NOT to say/do
- Process and treat trauma and dissociation
- Determine the appropriate order of interventions
- Avoid re-traumatization
- Therapeutic techniques that assist in stabilization
- IFS Mapping: Address the various mindsets of each patient
- Attachment focused work: Self and others
- Art and sand tray interventions, journaling/logging
- Therapeutic approaches for stabilization
- Evaluate the Window of Tolerance
- Incorporation of Polyvagal Theory to increase client stability
- Prevent overwhelming trauma symptoms
Put It All into Action: Considerations for Implementation Into Your Practice
- Overcome common blocks in therapy
- Systemic vs. individual: When to include family/partners
- Self of the therapist exercise: Countertransference, bias
- Case discussions and video demonstrations
- Effective documentation for ongoing treatment
- Risks and limitations
Lori Kucharski, PhD, LMFT, LPC, CEDS-S, has practiced therapy since 2004 in a variety of settings: private clinical practice, supervision, training/consultation, and teaching graduate courses. She is currently completing her Ph.D. dissertation on trauma-informed education. She is a clinical member and Approved Supervisor for the AAMFT and a Certified Therapist, Approved Consultant, and Training Provider through EMDRIA.
As the regional coordinator for the regional EMDRIA and Trauma Recovery Networks, she specializes in complex trauma, disordered eating, and attachment. She has presented and trained on disordered eating and trauma since 2011 and advocates for body positivity, holistic wellness in trauma recovery, and disordered eating awareness.
Financial: Lori Kucharski maintains a private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Lori Kucharski is a member and Consultant/Trainer for EMDRIA/TRN/HAP. She does not receive compensation.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.com.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!