- Joyce Campbell
- 2 Full Days
- Audio and Video
- May 17, 2017
Toolbox for Assessment
- Simplifying neuro assessment through application of neuro anatomy
- Correlate pathophysiology with clinical manifestations
- NIHSS and GCS, brain death, Mini
- Mental, verbal fluency, memory, right and left hemisphere function, CAM assessment
- CT, CTA, arteriogram, MRI, perfusion
10 Leading Neurological Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Updated recommendations for care
- Practical approaches for measuring IICP
- Research on neuroprotective agents
- Maximizing time to needle time for ischemic stroke
- The 5 D’s for identifying posterior stroke
- Wading through the clinical practice guidelines for blood pressure management in stroke patients
- Stroke and the young adult
- Expanding the window of care
- “Still Alice”: Mild, moderate and severe
- Treatment for cognitive and neuropsychiatric symptoms
- From “mice to men”: Hope is on the horizon
- Caregiver support
- Seizure types and treatment
- Unprovoked seizure: Work-up and treatment decisions
- Status epilepticus
- Traditional and alternative medicine treatment
- Deep brain stimulation
- Integrated care: Conventional treatments and supportive therapies
- Neurological manifestations
- Diagnostic work-up
- Unpredictable disease of CNS
- Diagnostic criteria
- Current treatment practices
- Clinical manifestations; Diagnostic work up
- Assistive technology challenge
- Clinical trials
Emergent Neurological Disease: Zika and Guillain Barré
Commonalities and Unique Problems:
- Visual problems
- Cognitive impairment
- Pseudobulbar affect (PBA)
- Dizziness and vertigo
- Bowel and bladder dysfunction
- Sleep disturbances
- Social isolation
- Caregiver fatigue
- Osmotic diuretics
- Sedatives and pain medications
- Antispasmodic medications
- Antiseizure medications
- Medications to prevent and treat stroke
- Chemotherapy for brain tumors
- Disease modifying agents for MS
- Medications to treat:
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Alzheimer’s Disease
Joyce Campbell, MSN, CCRN, SCRN, FNP-BC, has been involved in the nursing field for 35 years. For over 25 years, she taught in an associate degree nursing program where her primary focus was the theory and clinical instruction of neuroscience nursing. In addition to teaching, she has been employed by Comprehensive Health System in Chattanooga, Tennessee for the past 30 years. At Erlanger, she has adopted many roles, including neurosurgical and trauma critical care staff nurse, educator and nurse practitioner. Currently, she serves on the neuroservice line committee and provides stroke education to staff and patients. Erlanger Southeast Regional Stroke Center, an accredited Primary Stroke Center, houses a leading-edge stroke care facility serving over 2000 stroke patients annually.
Through her work at Erlanger, Joyce is able to experience, first hand, the latest innovative strategies for extending the window of treatment for stroke patients. She holds a BSN from East Tennessee State University, an MSN from the University of Tennessee at Knoxville, and completed post-graduate studies at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Joyce is an active member of the American Association of Critical Care Nurses, the American Association of Neuroscience Nurses, American Association of Nurse Practitioners, and the Chattanooga Association of Nurses in Advanced Practice, where she has served as president and is a member of the educational committee.
Financial: Joyce Campbell has an employment relationship with Erlanger Southeast Regional Stroke Center. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Joyce Campbell is a member of the educational committee for the Chattanooga Association of Nurses in Advanced Practice.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.com.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!