- John Burns
- 11 Hours 41 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Aug 15, 2019
THE IMPORTANCE OF MIND-BODY INTERVENTIONS IN HEALTHCARE
- The dangers of a strictly biomedical approach
- Problem of pain management, opioids, and mental health crisis
- Addressing more than the pain – addressing the client’s body, mind, emotions, and spiritual connectedness
- Review the research on mind-body interventions
- How to improve and motivate patients being more active in their rehab, wellness and prevention goals
- Aligning Tai Chi and Qigong with Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), mindfulness and distress tolerance
WHY YOU SHOULD IMPLEMENT TAI CHI & QIGONG
- Looking at the evidence
- How this model can comprehensively treat the client
- How to utilize this method in various clinical settings
DEMONSTRATION OF INTERVENTIONS: MOVEMENTS TO IMPROVE VARIOUS DYSFUNCTIONS – LAB
- Tai Chi & Qigong warm-up – Rhythmic movements to elicit a therapeutic dopamine response, graded weight shifting and proximal to distal muscle recruitment
- Qigong to improve upper body functional strength, flexibility and ROM
- Qigong to improve lower body functional strength, flexibility and ROM
- Qigong to improve static and dynamic balance
- Qigong to improve segmental spinal control for improved stability and mobility
- Qigong to improve bone density to prevent fractures
- Qigong to improve stamina and cardiovascular endurance
- Tai Chi to improve proximal-to-distal muscle recruitment
- Tai Chi to improve an individual’s physical and emotional performance potential to face and overcome life’s physical and emotional challenges
- Tai Chi and Qigong as an ancient “physical therapy” intervention to enhance an individual’s ability to achieve their functional and sports performance goals
TAKE HOME SOLUTIONS
- Safely review all Tai Chi and Qigong exercises
- When the student becomes the instructor: how to empower your clients toward change
- Why safety is important: teaching and practicing principles of Tai Chi and Qigong safely
WHEN, WHERE, AND HOW TO UTILIZE TAI CHI AND QIGONG METHODS
- Case studies of various rehab setting
- Behavioral health
- How to enhance your reimbursement using CPT codes
Dr. John Burns DPT, MPT, MSOM, Dipl-Ac, is a nationally-recognized instructor of both Tai Chi F.I.T. and Qigong F.I.T. He has over 30 years of experience in mind-body exercises and therapies. With his vast experience he has developed programs for physical therapists, acupuncturists, massage therapists, physicians, and nurses.
Dr. Burns provides instruction of mind-body exercises in community and rehab settings, psychiatric hospitals, and to physical therapy students at Marquette University, as well as, teaches students of Oriental Medicine at the Midwest College of Oriental Medicine.
His seminars blend the evidence and his experience with a teaching style that reflects his passion and conviction to improve upon the health of people of all ages and abilities. He is the founding director of the Academy of Mind-Body-Movement and this Level 1: Mind-Body-Movement Specialist certification course.
Dr. Burns is also currently the Clinical Coordinator of Acupuncture and Mind-Body Exercises at Aurora Health Care. He holds a Doctor of Physical Therapy degree from the University of Colorado Medical School and a Master’s of Science in Oriental Medicine degree from the Midwest College of Oriental Medicine.
With his extensive knowledge and experience in both Western and Eastern medicine he developed this program to help empower you in your continued efforts to provide optimal patient/client-centered care.
Financial: John Burns has an employment relationship with Aurora Health Care. He is a faculty member at Marquette University; and Midwest College of Oriental Medicine Dr. Burns has received a United State Patent for a fitness and rehab apparatus. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: John Burns has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.com.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!