- Jim Wagner
- 1 Hour 27 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Oct 01, 2019
Introduction and History of Blood Flow Restriction Training
- Introduction and disclaimer
- What is Blood Flow Restriction Training?
- History of Blood Flow Restriction Training
- B Strong Blood Flow Restriction Training Systems
Mechanisms of Blood Flow Restriction Training
- Local and systemic mechanisms
- Physiology of exercise and Blood Flow Restriction Training
- Tissue types and their responses to Blood Flow Restriction Training
- The science behind B Strong Blood Flow Restriction
- State of the limb with inflated band at rest
- Applying a venous blockade
- Disturbance of homeostasis
- State of the limb with inflated band during exercise
- Muscle fiber recruitment
Safety of Blood Flow Restriction Training
- Indications and contraindications
- FDA Regulations
- Is blood flow restriction training safe according to the research?
- Types of bands/cuffs
- DOMS and Rhabdomyolysis
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Research studies
- Case study
Applications of Blood Flow Restriction Training
- Upper extremity
- Lower extremity
- Applications of B Strong Blood Flow Restriction Training
Dr. Wagner is an occupational therapist and certified hand therapist who has worked in upper-extremity orthopedic clinical settings for more than 20 years. He received his post-professional clinical doctorate from Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions with a specialty in hand therapy. Dr. Wagner is currently team leader of the OT/Hand Therapy Department at Robert Packer Hospital in Sayre, PA. In addition, he is credentialed in physical agent modalities and is a certified strength and conditioning specialist.
Dr. Wagner is also an adjunct professor in the Occupational Therapy Program at Keuka College in Keuka Park, NY. He is a member of the American Society of Hand Therapists and has been published in the practice forum section of the Journal of Hand Therapy. Dr. Wagner has integrated his passion for instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization (IASTM) into his daily clinical practice and personal training. On a personal note, he has been involved in competitive powerlifting/weightlifting for 28 years.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.com.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!