- Janina Fisher
- 58 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Dec 09, 2013
The Neurobiology of Shame
- The role of shame in traumatic experience
- Shame as an animal defense survival response
- Effects of shame on autonomic arousal
Shame’s Evolutionary Purpose
- Shame and the attachment system
- Rupture and repair in attachment formation
Making Meaning of Shame
- Feelings of disgust, degradation, and humiliation are interpreted as “who I am”
- Cognition and the body
- Internal working models predict the future and determine our actions
Working from the “Bottom Up”
- The role of procedural learning and memory
- Physiological effects of mindful dual awareness
- Using mindfulness-based techniques to inhibit self-judgment
A New Relationship to the Shame: Acceptance and Compassion
- Re-contextualizing shame as a younger self or part
- Bringing our adult capacity to our childhood vulnerability
- Healing shame through compassionate acceptance
The Social Engagement System and the Healing of Shame
- Social engagement and the ventral vagal system (Porges)
- The incompatibility of shame and social engagement
- The therapist’s own social engagement system as a healing agent
Janina Fisher, Ph.D., is a licensed clinical psychologist and former instructor at The Trauma Center, a research and treatment center founded by Bessel van der Kolk. Known as an expert on the treatment of trauma, Dr. Fisher has also been treating individuals, couples and families since 1980.
She is past president of the New England Society for the Treatment of Trauma and Dissociation, an EMDR International Association Credit Provider, Assistant Educational Director of the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute, and a former Instructor, Harvard Medical School. Dr. Fisher lectures and teaches nationally and internationally on topics related to the integration of the neurobiological research and newer trauma treatment paradigms into traditional therapeutic modalities.
She is co-author with Pat Ogden of Sensorimotor Psychotherapy: Interventions for Attachment and Trauma (2015) and author of Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors: Overcoming Internal Self-Alienation (2017) and the forthcoming book, Working with the Neurobiological Legacy of Trauma (in press).
Financial: Janina Fisher is in private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Janina Fisher has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.com.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!