- James Butler
- 5 Hours 52 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Feb 28, 2018
- Basic Neuroscience for Kids
- Tame the amygdala for emotional regulation
- Feed the hippocampus for enhanced learning
- Exercise the prefrontal cortex for responsiveness
- Teach neuroplasticity in an understandable manner
- Classroom Implementation
- Introduce the concept of mindfulness to students on day 1
- Achieve buy-in from skeptics of mindfulness
- Best times to implement during the day
- Ideal amount of time for daily practice in your classroom
- Tips for successful practice that meets the needs of your class and your teaching style
- 10 simple strategies to use during transitions
- Experiential Activities
- The 5 senses – paying attention on purpose
- Responding vs reacting
- Self-compassion and compassion for others
- Hands-on – Make Mindfulness Happen
- Create a “Mindfulness Zone” in your classroom
- Books and technology options for your school
- Curriculum with step-by-step mindfulness activities for an entire school year
- Create a Mindful School Community
- 5-step plan that focuses on students, teachers, parents, and community members
- “Get curious, not furious” – mindfulness practices as alternatives to punitive consequences
- Strategies to incorporate into homework, mealtime and bedtime
- Collaborate with community organizations
- Create a communication tool to be shared with staff, families & community
- Create a sustainable model
James Butler, M.Ed., is the Mindfulness Specialist for the Austin Independent School District (TX). Working in the Social and Emotional Learning Department, James has helped establish mindfulness in over 100 AISD schools. He has been leading mindfulness in classrooms from Pre-K through 12th grade, presenting workshops for teachers of all levels, sharing with parents/guardians, integrating mindfulness into high school athletics, and beginning programs where schools use mindfulness as a substitute for detention/suspension. In 2014, James was named as the Austin Independent School District Teacher of the Year. In 2015, he developed a pilot program for mindfulness in elementary schools. James turned that pilot program into a curriculum titled Mindful Classrooms: 5 Minute Daily Practices to Empower Teachers and Students that is now being used in 500 classrooms and camps in TX, OH, DE, MT, and Dubai. He also recently wrote a children’s book titled Mindfulness Is that aligns with the curriculum.
Financial: James Butler is the founder and author of Mindful Classrooms. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: James Butler has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.com.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!