- Hillary Price, DPT, ATP
- 1 Hour 22 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jul 26, 2019
- Introduction to assistive technology
- Provide definitions and examples of assistive technology pertaining to wheelchair users (both simple add-on devices such as luggage carriers or cup holders, to complex such as a power-assist device or alternative power wheelchair controls)
- Provide guidelines for equipment ordering process, including guidelines for insurance coverage based on the device and the patient’s diagnosis
- Discuss alternative funding sources or community organizations that can help with access to assistive technology options
- Define wheelchair classifications, manual and power
- Discuss modifications necessary within a person’s home and transportation to accommodate manual versus power wheelchairs
- Provide overview of power assist options for manual wheelchair users – a hybrid between power and manual
- Provide outline of new power wheelchair features that utilize Bluetooth technology
- Present and discuss case study for practical application of specific devices for a power wheelchair user
- Questions & answers
Hillary Price, DPT, ATP is a Physical Therapist at the University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle, WA. Hillary’s practice focuses on neurological rehabilitation and specializes in wheelchair seating. She earned her Doctorate of Physical Therapy in 2010 and became a RESNA Certified Assistive Technologies Professional in 2016. Hillary grew up in Lake Tahoe, CA spending much of her time running, hiking, skiing, and generally just soaking up the splendor of the outdoors. Now living in Seattle, WA she enjoys many of the same things, in addition to traveling, cooking, and spending time with her growing family.
Financial: Hillary Price has an employment relationship with the University of Washington Medical Center – Outpatient Rehabilitation Therapies. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Hillary Price is a member of the American Physical Therapy Association – Washington State Chapter.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.com.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!