- Harville Hendrix
- 6 Hours 20 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- May 11, 2012
Imago Relationship Therapy
- The Origins and Synthesis
- Relational vs. Individual Paradigms
- Why couples fight
The Goal of Therapy
- Monologue vs. Dialogue
- First Step: Mirroring
- Outcomes of Dialogue
Imago Workup (Written) Theory and Therapy of Couplehood
- Dyadic Structure of Nature
- Original vs. Actual Self
- Adaptations of Intrusion and Neglect
- Emotional Symbiosis
The Formation of the Imago & The Selection Process
- Three Steps (Mirroring, Validating, Empathizing)
- Flow of Felt Meaning
- Maintaining Empathy (Still Face Video)
Demonstration & Practice
- The New Role as Therapist
- Your Role as Therapist as Global Healer
Harville Hendrix, Ph. D. is a clinical pastoral counselor who holds a Ph.D. in Psychology and Theology from the University of Chicago and is a former professor at Southern Methodist University. He is known internationally as the co-founder with his wife, Helen LaKelly Hunt, Ph. D. of a couples therapy called Imago Relationship Therapy. Together they co-founded Imago Relationships International, an international non-profit organization that offers training, support and promotion of the work of 2000 Imago therapists in 30 countries.
Harville is the author of GETTING THE LOVE YOU WANT: A Guide for Couples (which has sold over 2 million copies) and KEEPING THE LOVE YOU FIND: A Personal Guide, both New York Times best sellers. With Helen he co-authored GIVING THE LOVE THAT HEALS: A Guide for Parents, also a best seller, and RECEIVING LOVE: Transform Your Relationship by Letting Yourself Be Loved plus three meditation books, two study guides and a video for couples seen on more than 300 public television stations. Their books are published in over 57 languages.
Referred to by Oprah Winfrey as the “Marriage Whisperer?”, Harville has been featured on the Oprah show 17 times winning Oprah an Emmy for “most socially redemptive”? daytime talk show, was ranked in her top twenty shows and recently received the #2 spot for Oprah’s “Greatest Aha Moments.”? Harville has appeared on multiple television talk shows and is a sought after lecturer. For the past 4 years, his passion helped ignite a global movement to educate the culture about the value of healthy intimate relationships, which included working with the top Couples Therapists in the nation. Harville and Helen have been married since 1982, have 6 children and 5 grandchildren and live in New York City.
Financial: Harville Hendrix is President of Harville Hendrix Ventures, LLC. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Harville Hendrix has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.com.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!