- Eric K. Willmarth
- 12 Hours 14 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Sep 19, 2019
Discover the Core Skills of Hypnosis
- Brief history of clinical/medical hypnosis
- Ethics of clinical hypnosis
- When should hypnosis be used in therapy?
- Hypnotic change language for clinicians
- Intrapersonal and interpersonal dynamics
- How to disrupt patterns to encourage flexibility
- Hypnosis as an adjunctive technique
- The neurophysiology of Hypnosis
Methods to Elicit a Trance Experience: Increase Focus and Relaxation to Intensify Therapy
- Assess for willingness and hypnotic ability
- Hypnotic phenomena
- Three-stage “skeleton” of an induction sequence
- Relaxation techniques
- Visualization to recall positive memories
- Countdown breathing
How to Structure a Hypnosis Session
- How to use hypnosis across modalities
- Hypnotic techniques to work with resistances
- Apply hypnosis methods without a formal trance
Hypnosis Skills and Techniques for Specific Disorders and Conditions
Trauma: Restore Control and Process Traumatic Memories
- How hypnosis works with exposure
- Hypnosis techniques to restore control to clients
- Regression for processing traumatic memories
- Practices to alter distorted beliefs
- Hypnotic suggestions to foster greater emotional control
Anxiety: Shift Clients to Calm with Hypnotic Suggestion
- Strategies to get to the root of your client’s anxiety
- Hypnosis and metaphor to redefine anxiety
- Exercises to manage the energy of anxiety
- Hypnotic techniques to improve sleep in anxious clients
Depression: Breaking the Cycles of Depression
- Combining hypnosis and CBT for mood control
- Using hypnotic age regression and progression for depression
- Mesmer, music, mood and movement
- Using creative stories to reconceptualize depression
Acute and Chronic Pain: Interventions to Change Clients’ Minds and Pain
- Altering the perception of pain
- Hypnotic interventions to dissociate clients from the reality of pain
- Shift clients’ attention from painful sensations
- Forgetting about the pain with amnesia
- Expand time and expand comfort
- Elicit vivid memories to obviate pain
Addiction: Release Clients from Addictive Behavior Patterns
- How to use hypnosis to create a different perspective
- Hypnotic suggestions to strengthen willpower
- Self-hypnosis to overcome addictive urges and cravings
- Ease withdrawal symptoms with hypnosis
Experiential Workshop: Elicit a Trance State for Enhanced Responsiveness in Therapy
Eric K. Willmarth, Ph.D., is a licensed clinical psychologist and the past president of the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH), the largest U.S. organization for mental health care professionals using clinical hypnosis.
For over 35 years, Dr. Willmarth has been involved with the study and application of clinical hypnosis in clinical practice and he’s appeared at numerous national and international hypnosis conferences.
His extensive involvement with hypnosis led him to serve as past president of the Michigan Society for Clinical Hypnosis, the Society for Psychological Hypnosis (APA Div. 30), and the Society for Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis (SCEH).
Dr. Willmarth is a past winner of the Distinguished Contributions to Professional Hypnosis Award from APA Division 30. Dr. Willmarth is the assistant director of Saybrook University’s Department of Applied Psychology and serves as the director of training and director of the integrative Mental Health Ph.D. specialization in the College of Integrative Medicine and Health Sciences.
Financial: Eric Willmarth is the director of Integrative Mental Health at Saybrook University. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Eric Willmarth is a member of the Society for Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis; American Society of Clinical Hypnosis; and Michigan Society of Clinical Hypnosis.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.com.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!