- Deborah Dana
- 6 Hours 16 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Sep 10, 2020
ESSENTIALS OF POLYVAGAL THEORY
- The evolution of the autonomic nervous system
- How trauma shapes ways the body responds
- Three organizing principles of Polyvagal Theory:
- Neuroception: Detection without perception
- Hierarchy: 3 predictable pathways of response
- Coregulation: The biological imperative
NEUROCEPTION AND THE SHAPING OF AUTONOMIC PATHWAYS
- How the internal surveillance system works
- Identifying cues of safety and danger
- Connecting to our innate autonomic wisdom
- Understanding patterns of protection and connection
NAVIGATE THE AUTONOMIC HIERARCHY
- Exploring three autonomic circuits
- Sympathetic mobilization
- Ventral vagal connection
- Dorsal vagal collapse
- How trauma shapes biology
- Moving between states
- Introduction to autonomic mapping
THE SOCIAL ENGAGEMENT SYSTEM
- The five elements of the Social Engagement System
- What happens when parts of the system are unavailable?
- Using the Social Engagement System to regulate states
- How to “exercise” the Social Engagement System
SHAPING THE AUTONOMIC NERVOUS SYSTEM TOWARD SAFETY
- Identifying portals of intervention
- Using breath as a regulator
- Resourcing new patterns through movement
- Exploring the autonomic response to touch
- Using autonomic imagery
INCORPORATING POLYVAGAL THEORY IN CLINICAL PRACTICE
- Getting comfortable teaching Polyvagal
- Theory to clients
- Tracking the flow of a Polyvagal-guided clinical session
- Polyvagal-guided assessment and treatment planning
- Polyvagal Theory and Phase I trauma treatment
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A POLYVAGAL GUIDED THERAPIST
- The guiding questions
- Ethical considerations
- Research limitations and potential risk
Deb Dana, LCSW is a clinician and consultant specializing in working with complex trauma. She is a consultant to the Traumatic Stress Research Consortium in the Kinsey Institute and clinical advisor to Khiron Clinics. She developed the Rhythm of Regulation Clinical Training Series and lectures internationally on ways Polyvagal Theory informs work with trauma survivors. Deb is the author of The Polyvagal Theory in Therapy: Engaging the Rhythm of Regulation, Polyvagal Exercises for Safety and Connection: 50 Client-Centered Practices, co-editor with Stephen Porges of Clinical Applications of the Polyvagal Theory: The Emergence of Polyvagal-Informed Therapies, and creator of the Polyvagal Flip Chart. rhythmofregulation.com
Financial: Deborah Dana maintains a private practice. She is an author for W.W. Norton and receives royalties. She receives a consulting fee from Indiana University; and the Veterans Administration. Ms. Dana receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Deborah Dana has no relevant non-financial relationship.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.com.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!