- Carrie Steiner
- 5 Hours 40 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jan 26, 2018
TRAUMA INFORMED CARE: TRAUMA AWARENESS AND BRAIN RESPONSE
- Social-ecological model of trauma impact
- High clinical risk of developing trauma disorders
- Brain development and trauma
- Bidirectional relationships of trauma, substance abuse, and mental illness
- DSM-5®: PTSD, ASD, trauma-related disorders
PRE-EVENT FACTORS THAT SHAPE TRAUMA COPING ABILITIES
- Adverse Life Events (ACEs) Study
- Age, gender, sexual orientation/gender identity effects
- Family history
- Pre-existing mental health factors
- Education on trauma-informed care
- Decreasing secondary trauma for professionals and others
- Utilization of crisis services
- Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) program
EVENT FACTORS THAT SHAPE TRAUMA RESPONSE
- 16 critical factors that impact development of a trauma disorder
- Expected vs. unexpected trauma
- Natural vs. human caused trauma
- Individual vs. group trauma
- Physical injury
- Community and culture
- Historical/generational trauma
- Mass trauma
- Preparedness and mental rehearsal
- Psychoeducation about normal stress reactions
- Utilizing active coping skills
- Limit exposure
- Social support
POST-EVENT FACTORS THAT SHAPE TRAUMA HEALING
- Knowledge, access, and utilization of trauma services
- Trauma-informed care (EMDR, CBT, CPT, neurofeedback, and Prolonged Exposure)
- Body-based trauma therapy (EMDR, yoga, somatic experiencing, EFT, sensory motor therapy)
- Video example of EMDR
- Re-traumatization issues
- Resilience: cultural, racial, and ethnic characteristics
- 10 key protective traits
Carrie Steiner, PsyD, is a licensed clinical psychologist and founder of the First Responders Wellness Center, a private practice agency meeting the needs of first responders and their family members for trauma therapy and emotional wellness. As a psychologist, she specializes in trauma therapy utilizing EMDR, prolonged exposure therapy, and cognitive behavioral therapy as well as conducts police and public safety psychological evaluations and fitness for duty evaluations.
Dr. Steiner is also the clinical advisor and board member for Serve & Protect, a nonprofit organization that facilitates trauma services and a 24-hour crisis line for public safety professionals and their families. Dr. Steiner is a member of the International Chiefs of Police, Illinois Chiefs of Police, Illinois Psychological Association, and member of Division 18 of the American Psychological Association.
Dr. Steiner is a 13 year former Chicago Police Officer, Crisis Intervention Team Leader, peer support member, and Chicago Police Academy instructor. While working for the Chicago Police Department she spearheaded their veteran CIT training and autism spectrum training for law enforcement. She also has FBI hostage negotiation training, has worked as a psychologist for Cook County and Kane County Jails as well as collaborated with federal government agencies on high risk cases involving the mentally ill. She speaks nationally on mental illness, DSM-5® and ICD-10, de-escalation techniques and police response, trauma and PTSD, officer wellness, CIT, peer support, and has several national and local awards.
Financial: Carrie Steiner is the founder of First Responders Wellness Center. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Carrie Steiner is a member of the American Psychological Association; and the International Association of Trauma Professionals.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.com.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!