- Arik Poremba
- 1 Hour 56 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jul 28, 2016
List the Primary Biomotor Components of Speed Training
- Define Biomotor abilities including speed, strength, endurance, flexibility, and coordination
Define the Ground Reaction Force (GRF) and Force Distribution and How it Applies to the Running Athletes
- Introduction to internal and external forces that apply to the running athlete
- Newtons Laws and its applications to running
- Review and understand ground reaction force graphs and its applications as well as evidence based research
Design and Apply Speed, Strength, and Conditioning Programs for Running Athletes
- Review specific training methods for biomotor ability development
- Demonstrate examples and sport specific exercises
PT, DPT, CKTP
Arik Poremba, PT, DPT owner and founder of RACE STL, is a licensed Physical Therapist specializing in biomechanics and sports rehabilitation. Arik has extensive experience treating patients with orthopedic and sports injuries and is a certified Kinesio Taping practitioner as well as a USATF Level I certified coach. He specializes in manual therapy including myofascial release and trigger point therapy to reduce muscle tension; joint mobilization techniques to correct body alignment; sport-specific conditioning; and, core stability and strengthening to enhance muscular balance and correct posture. His experience as a long-distance runner and endurance athlete enables him to assist individuals to maximize their performance levels.
A member of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), Kinesio Taping Association (KTA), and USA Track and Field (USATF), Arik travels around the country providing continued education seminars on Running Kinametics and Gait Analysis. He has served as a guest lecturer at the School of Medicine at Washington University in St. Louis. Additionally, he served as the physical therapy doctor for St. Louis Basketball Academy and Webster University’s track and field team where he oversaw injury prevention and treatment, as well as the strength and conditioning program.
Arik earned a Bachelor of Science and Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy at Maryville University in St. Louis and a Doctorate in Physical Therapy at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) Institute of Health Professions in Boston.
Financial: Arik Poremba is the founder of RACE STL. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Arik Poremba is a member of the American Physical Therapy Association; the Kinesio Taping Association; and the USA Track and Field (USATF).
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.com.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!