- April Christopherson
- 5 Hours 52 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Nov 02, 2018
NEUROANATOMY & BRAIN DEVELOPMENT
- Brain stem and functions
- Occipital lobe
- Temporal lobe
- Frontal lobe
- Parietal lobe
BEYOND THE LEVEL OF BRAIN DAMAGE
- Neurodevelopmental screens
- Examples of damage
- What is working and what is not
- Where to rewire
- Therapy in infants – faster change
- Going deep into the brain
DEVELOPMENTAL DELAYS – HOW TO APPROACH TREATMENT
- Developmental milestone review
- Sensory motor development
- Vision and hearing
- Speech Sensation
- Primitive reflex patterns and influence
- Going back a step-in therapy treatments
NEW PERSPECTIVE ON THE NERVOUS SYSTEM FOR POSITIVE CHANGE
- Lobes next door
- Videos of before and after sensory
- stimulation combinations
- How vision can be stimulated
- Education for parents and caregivers
- Shaping neuropathways
RESULTS OF NEUROPLASTICITY TECHNIQUES
- Changing brain connectivity
- Primitive reflex integration and increased active movements
- The “team” – patient, therapist, and parent/caregiver
- Sensory stimulation to promote appropriate motor response
- Smooth movements
- Strength is not the same as tone
- Simple activities to present to parents
INTEGRATING NEUROPLASTICITY INTO THERAPY
- Sensation is 3-dimensional
- Vision exercises
- Sensory stimulation for high tone vs. low tone
April Christopherson, OTR/L, has been an occupational therapist for over 25 years and has worked with diverse populations in a variety of settings. She is the founder and owner of Exploration Kids Therapy in Colorado. April worked as the director of OT and director of training and development for over 10 years for The Shandy Clinic in Colorado Springs, CO. She sits on the clinical advisory board for Interactive Metronome Corporation. She is a member of both the Advanced Brain Technologies and Interactive Metronome adjunct faculty where she teaches introductory and advanced continuing education courses to professionals. She has traveled around the USA and the world teaching on Neuroplasticity and Development. April was granted her degrees in Occupational Therapy and Psychology from St Ambrose University in Davenport, IA in 1991.
Financial: April Christopherson is owner of Exploration Kids Therapy. She receives a consulting fee from Interactive Metronome; and Advanced Brain Technologies. Ms. Christopherson receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: April Christopherson has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.com.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!