- Allan M Tepper
- 6 Hours 29 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Dec 04, 2020
Understand the Legal System
- Rules and Regulations
- Case law
- Finding the law
- Criminal liability
- Civil liability
- Licensing complaints
- Organization complaints
Establish the Treatment Relationship
- The professional relationship
- The legal and ethical principle of informed consent
- Informed consent as part of the treatment modality
- Use of and reliance upon written consent forms
- Record-keeping regulations
- Items which constitute the record, personal notes vs. charting, raw data, computer printouts and third-party records
- Access to records by written requests, subpoenas and court orders
The Ethics of Duty to Warn
- Duty to warn potential third-party victims
- Review of specific Maryland case law governing danger to others
- A clinical approach to the duty to protect
Treatment of Minors
- Age of majority
- Consent to treatment and access to records
- Clinical implications in the treatment of the older adolescent
- Treatment of minors in situations of family separation and divorce
Non-Sexual Boundary Violations
- Email correspondence and cell phone contacts
- Treatment vs. advocacy for patients
- Professional contacts with attorneys and the legal profession
- In-court expert testimony
Allan M. Tepper, J.D., Psy.D., is engaged in the private practice of both law and psychology in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. As a psychologist, he specializes in forensic matters and has testified on numerous occasions in cases involving civil, criminal, domestic relations, and death penalty issues. As an attorney, he has extensive trial experience, including the representation of mental health professionals in ethics and licensing board proceedings. He has been an adjunct faculty member at Widener University in the Institute for Graduate Clinical Psychology, and at the Philadelphia Chapter of Great Lakes Colleges Association, and an adjunct assistant professor at Immaculate College, Graduate School.
Dr. Tepper frequently conducts ethics training for mental health professionals throughout the United States and is well-known for his engaging style and knowledge of each State’s laws and regulations. He publishes frequently in the areas of law and psychology. He is co-author of Pennsylvania Law and Psychology – Third Edition, and Pennsylvania Law, Ethics, and Psychology – Fourth Edition. He received his J.D. degree from Albany Law School and received M.S. and Psy.D. degrees in clinical psychology from Hahnemann University in Pennsylvania. Visit his website at www.allanmtepper.com.
Financial: Allan Tepper is in private practice. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Allan Tepper has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.com.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!